Duties and Responsibilities
The purpose of the Marketing and Communications Committee is to provide focus on marketing Christmas Exchange in general, as well as specific events. The committee assists staff in developing marketing and public relation strategies and initiatives incorporating the use of various media sources.
All members must serve a minimum of one year.
Duties and Responsibilities of Committee Members
- Become familiar with the mission statement, guiding principles, and core values of the Christmas Exchange.
- Attend 75% of committee meetings
- Come to the meetings prepared
- Carry out tasks assigned by the committee
Duties and Responsibilities of the Committee:
Working with staff and the Fundraising and Development Committee, the Marketing and Communications Committee will ensure adequate exposure of Christmas Exchange to the public for the purpose of encouraging donations and participation in events by developing a marketing and communications plan to include but not limited to:
- Marketing the Christmas Exchange brand
- Marketing fundraising and awareness event and campaigns as appropriate
- Attracting sponsorships, corporate and other
- Monitoring and reviewing all marketing initiatives
- Donor recognition
- Strategic messaging
Composition and Operations:
- Members should have some background in fundraising, marketing, promotion; communications or public relations
- There should be no less than five (5), but no more than nine (9) committee members
- The Executive Director and/or staff appointee is a full committee member;
- Staff, as deemed appropriate by the Executive Director, may serve as resource personnel;
- The committee chair shall be recruited from within the committee membership
- The first meeting of the Marketing and Communications Committee shall be at the call of the Executive Director. Based on the number of Christmas Exchange events, a meeting schedule will be struck each year at the first meeting of the year to suit the schedules of the majority of members
- The Chair has the authority to call unscheduled meetings if necessary, to handle emergency situations if, or as they arise.
- The time commitment for a committee member will generally be up to two hours per committee meeting, plus extra time for work as assigned by the committee
- The Executive Director may include a report on the Committee’s activities in his/her regular report to the board.
- A written report of the year’s activities and outcomes may be included in the Christmas Exchange Annual Report for distribution to members of the Christmas Exchange and potential donors.